Retiring & Living Abroad
The world is getting easier to travel. Western living costs continue to spiral. Western cities have major crime problems. So retirees and the soon-to-retire have started looking toward better qualities of life abroad. Much of their search involves third-world countries as alternatives. fiberglass duct board
The goal of Retired Expat is to help retired and retiring expats find the right retirement situation.
What's New for Expats
- Some research about “learning the language”. Are you taking the wrong approach? learning languages
- Where will you finally find nirvana? Have a look at writer Steve Rosse's retirement plan
- Will Chagas disease change your plans?
Is Retirement Abroad Right for You?
After you've been lured by the low cost of living; after you've been razzle-dazzled by white sandy beaches or towering mountain views; long before you sell everything you own and move off to a foreign land, there is one question that still needs to be answered:
- Don't forget about the lifestyle killer .. inflation affecting expats
- Is overseas retirement right for you? .. expat retirement
- Expatriation is not always easy .. getting expat information
- But what happens if it goes wrong? .. repatriation
Choosing a Retirement Tax Haven
The words "expat", "retirement" and "tax haven" are used together so frequently that you would think it possible to just open a book, pick a tax-free country from the list, and move there.
Well, actually, it is that easy, but it's not a good idea without doing some tire kicking first. tax haven
Your Dream House
You have picked you spot, had a going away party and made the trip. Now comes the good part, finding your dream home and enjoying the expat experience. But before you can relax on the veranda, you need to make a few decisions. pet water dispenser
Health Insurance for Expats
An important issue that many Expats tend to overlook when doing their initial retirement planning is whether or not their health insurance is going to be accepted in their new home.
While most policies will provide coverage, or at least reimbursement, for policyholders who are traveling in a foreign country, all bets could be off once you take up residence. expat health insurance